Welcome to our House System
At Risedale we celebrate the success of our pupils who strive to achieve their best in all aspects of life. The House System creates a sense of community and promotes healthy competition among pupils and staff. It supports our pupils to develop as confident, resilient, compassionate and successful individuals as outlined in our 5 key ‘Pillars of Success’.
Pupils are organised into 4 houses and wear a tie in their House colour generating a strong sense of identity and belonging. Our Houses are named after 4 inspiring British icons; each 'House Hero' has made a significant and long-lasting contribution to society and reflects the attributes we strive to instil in our young people at Risedale.
Our House System Vision:
- To offer new experiences and opportunities
- To take pride in our school and have personal aspirations
- To develop leadership, teamwork and communication skills
- To participate in healthy competition and build resilience
- To generate a sense of community, showing compassion for others through empathy and friendship
House points, rewards and Epraise
Pupils are rewarded for exceptional work in the classroom, for taking part in inter-house competitions and extra-curricular activities, as well as contributing to the life of the school and wider community. House points are awarded to individuals and logged on Epraise, our online reward system; from here pupils can keep track of their reward points and see how they have contributed to the overall points total for their particular House.