- Blazer: A black blazer with patch pockets embroidered with the school badge.
- Tie: A House tie – a clip on.
- Pupils wear a tie in their specific house colour generating a strong sense of identity and belonging (Attenborough, Pankhurst, Seacole, Turing).
- Replacement ties are available to purchase either via ParentPay or from the school reception by bringing £5.50 cash into school.
- Shirt: Formal white shirt or fitted blouse (worn tucked in) with neck button fastening for the tie.
- Skirts: Plain black, knee length (No stretch/t-shirt material allowed).
or Trousers: Plain black, long (No denim material, no leggings, no jeggings, no skinny-leg trousers).
- Jumper: An optional plain black crew or V-neck jumper may be worn (No hoodies, no jumpers with large logos and no sports tops).
- Shoes: Plain black dress shoes or boots only.
- Black socks only or black/neutral coloured tights.
- Belts must be black with a small plain buckle.
- Face covering / mask: All pupils must bring a face covering to school every day and be prepared to wear as/when required.
The school has the right to respond to current styles of fashion in order to maintain consistency and standards of uniform. Failure to comply with uniform regulations will result in isolation until the issue is resolved. Please be careful accepting what supermarkets offer in their 'school uniform section'; these clothes often do not comply with school uniform regulations.
PE Kit, GCSE PE and BTEC in Sport Uniform:
- PE Kit for new pupils: We have a newly branded PE kit that all new pupils are expected to purchase and wear for their PE lessons at Risedale. New pupils are not allowed to wear the old style PE Kit (this includes items of old kit they may have been given second hand or as hand-me-downs from siblings/leavers).
- PE Kit for existing pupils: Our old PE kit is no longer available to buy, however all existing Risedale pupils are welcome to continue wearing this kit or buy individual items of the new PE kit as and when required.
- Risedale branded PE t-shirt.
- Plain navy shorts.
- Appropriate sports footwear.
- Risedale branded sports jumper.
- Navy sports socks (optional).
- Navy leggings (optional).
Pupils that have opted for either GCSE PE or BTEC in Sport at Key Stage 4 have a specific kit which can be purchased from www.clubwebshop.com/risedalecollege Here are a few helpful steps to enable parents/carers to purchase the correct kit:
- Once you have navigated to www.clubwebshop.com/risedalecollege click to view the 'Garment Bundles' page.
- To purchase the GCSE PE kit click STUDENT PE
- To purchase the BTEC in Sport kit click STUDENT BTEC
- From here, all you need to do is select the correct size for each garment and make payment.
- Training Tops (Drill Tops) can also be purchased but are NOT a compulsory item of uniform. These additional items can be purchased by accessing the appropriate pages; STUDENT PE TOP UPS or STUDENT BTEC TOP UPS
Other information regarding uniform and appearance:
- All pupils must have a bag suitable for carrying their books, pencil case and PE kit.
- Caps are not allowed.
- Outdoor coats must be warm and waterproof.
- Hair must be of one natural colour and extreme hairstyles are not allowed.
- Discreet make-up only.
- No false nails or nail polish to be worn.
- No jewellery except a watch. One small pair of sleepers/studs which may be worn in ears but no other piercings of any kind are permitted.
- All jewellery is to be removed for PE and where required in other practical lessons. No plasters to be worn to cover piercings.
Non-uniform clothing must be removed before morning registration and stored in the pupil's locker or bag.