Supporting your child's medical needs at Risedale:
Our staff are here to help pupils and families with their medical needs whilst at Risedale. We offer support on a day-to-day basis, working alongside our Senior Leadership Team to ensure that Healthcare Plans for pupils with more specific needs are met appropriately. Many of our staff are trained in first aid and receive regular and ongoing training.
If you would like to discuss any matters regarding your child's medical needs and how we can best support them at school please feel free to the Risedale reception 01748 83350.
Parents and carers are responsible for:
- Keeping the school informed about any changes to their child/children's health.
- Completing a parental agreement for the school to administer medicine form before bringing medication into school.
- Providing the school with the medication their child requires and keeping it up to date.
- Collecting any leftover medicine at the end of the course or year.
- Discussing medications with their child/children prior to requesting that a staff member administers the medication.
- Where necessary, developing an Individual Healthcare Plan (IHCP) for their child in collaboration with the Headteacher, other staff members and healthcare professionals.
The following document may be of help to you and also contains some of our medical consent forms: