GOVERNORS: Please click here to access the Governors Portal
If you would like to contact any of the Governors please do so via Louise Flanagan, Clerk to the Governing Body. Email: email@example.com. Complaints: We take all concerns seriously and know that there are occasions when an issue may need to be taken further and a formal complaint raised. In those cases, please follow our Complaints Policy and Procedure to commence this process accordingly.
Constitution of the Governing Body
The Governing Body comprises of:
- Six Co-opted Governors: Elected by the Governing Body.
- Two Parent Governors: Elected by the parents of pupil in the school and have parental responsibility for at least one pupil in the school at the time of election.
- One Staff Governor: Elected by the teaching and support staff within the school.
- One County Council Governor: Nominated by the Local Authority (North Yorkshire Council) as their representative.
- The Headteacher: Governor by virtue of employment by the school.
- The total number of governors is eleven: The Chair and Vice-chair of Governors are elected annually at the first Governing Body meeting within the Autumn term. Co-opted, parent and staff governors each serve a 4-year term, as does the County Council Governor, or until termination by the Local Authority.
- Clerk to the Governors: The Clerk to the Governing Body provides advice to the Governing Body on governance, constitutional and procedural matters. The Clerk also provides effective administrative support to the Governing Body and its committees and ensures the Governing Body is properly constituted.