Thank you for your interest in working for Risedale Sports & Community College.
We currently have 1 vacancy available for a Grounds Person/Gardener. Join our team - Apply today!
|Position available||Grounds Person/Gardener|
|Recruitment pack information||RECRUITMENT PACK - Grounds Person|
|Application form||APPLICATION FORM - Grounds Person|
|Contract type / term||Full time-Full Year / Fixed Term for 1 year in the first instance|
|Salary||Pay Band D (Points 4-6) £18,426.00-£19,171.00 pa|
|Start date||6th April 2020|
|Closing date||12am midnight Sunday 23rd February 2020|
|Interview date||Week commencing 2nd March 2020|
Living & working in Catterick, North Yorkshire - The locality
Risedale Sports & Community College is located within the pretty village of Hipswell at the heart of Catterick Garrison, close to the historic market town of Richmond. It is set within a beautiful part of North Yorkshire, close to both Swaledale and Wensleydale. Catterick is a thriving and advancing location offering a choice of affordable and desirable housing opportunities prompted by the planned expansion to the Garrison over the forthcoming years. The newly built Princes Gate Retail Park offers all major amenities including supermarkets, cafes, shops, cinema, a leisure centre and library. Risedale is just a 5 minute drive from the A1(M) providing easy access to Teesside, York and the Leeds conurbation. Major centres like Darlington are within easy reach for commuters, shoppers or leisure seekers, at around a 30-minute drive along the A1(M). For more information about living and teaching in North Yorkshire please visit www.inspireleadteach.co.uk
What can we offer you?
- The challenge of meaningful work – the opportunity to work in a unique school with a diverse community of students, many who are from the military garrison, meeting their needs and nurturing aspiration;
- Clear vision and strategic thinking leading to the setting and achieving of challenging goals. Working learning and achieving together;
- CPD and career progression opportunities – a place to develop and share best practice so we can all succeed no matter where our future career paths may lead;
- A supportive team – collaboration with partners from other schools, a place where friendships can be made and we all feel valued.
Why work at Risedale?
There's something special about working at Risedale Sports & Community College. Our staff and students strive to be the very best they can and work hard to support one another in their endeavours. There's a sense of pride that comes from working and studying at Risedale as we always try to make the most of ourselves as a school and as individuals.
Our staff genuinely care about our students and work hard to strengthen close relationships with our parents, whose support is invaluable. Risedale is an integral part of Catterick Garrison and beyond. We ensure that our links to other local stakeholders including schools, the military and civilian partners are always reinforced so that Risedale Sports and Community College truly is a central pillar of our community and innovator for the success for our students. We believe that in preparing our students for life it is essential that their time at Risedale is a rounded and mindful experience. Students and staff work directly within the community providing a positive service and force for good; working in partnership with the Garrison Primary Schools, the military, Harewood Medical Practice, Tesco, the Fire Service, Catterick Leisure Centre, care homes as well as many local and national charities.
The current situation
Risedale Sports & Community College is a smaller than the average sized secondary school and currently has 530 students aged 11-16 years. It enjoys an enviable and growing reputation in its local community. It is expected to expand to between 600 and 800 students over the next decade as the population of Catterick Garrison increases and becomes a ‘Super Garrison’. Links with the Armed Forces are strong. The college has one of the largest proportions of service children (over 40%) of any secondary school in the UK. This military connection is an essential part of the college’s distinctive character.
Risedale was inspected by Ofsted in November 2019 and the glowing report which followed saw the school being judged as 'Good' in all four areas of appraisal which includes; The Quality of Education; Behaviour and Attitudes; Personal Development; Leadership and Management. Click here to view our latest Ofsted Report. Justifiably proud of this accomplishment college staff are by no means complacent and know there is more work to be done and are enjoying the challenge. To view Risedale Sports & Community College's list of accreditations please click this link.
Risedale Sports and Community College – committed to nurturing and sustaining a positive future for all, through an inclusive and exceptional learning journey.
- To ensure everyone exceeds their potential
- To shape our curriculum to meet the future aspirations of our children
- To learn from failures and celebrate success
- To always be a force for resilience and excellence
Are you the person we’ve been looking for?
If so what do we expect from you?
- A passionate commitment to education and young people - to engage, motivate and respond positively to challenge and high expectations;
- To contribute, make a difference and have a tangible impact - turning enthusiasm and commitment into action;
- Creative, fresh and innovative thinking - seeking out the most efficient/effective practice and to be an active participant in a process of development, using self-evaluation to enhance students’ opportunities for academic progress and personal growth;
- A spirit of collaboration - an ability to relate to and build relationships with students, parents, and other members of the community.
For more information about living and teaching in North Yorkshire please visit www.inspireleadteach.co.uk