At Risedale we believe that our uniform helps students to feel part of the College. The College uniform and PE kit is a requirement for every student and is available to purchase from www.school-shop.co.uk
- A black blazer with patch pockets and the College badge (the badge is already embroidered on).
- A College tie – clip on.
- Formal white shirt or fitted blouse (worn tucked in) with neck button fastening for the College tie.
- Black trousers/skirt (plain, classic and conventional length – no denim material. No leggings, jeggings, skinny-leg trousers. Skirts should be of a modest length that must reach just above the knee).
- An optional plain black V-neck jumper.
- Belts must be black with a small plain buckle.
- Black/white socks only or black/neutral coloured tights.
- Black shoes (no trainer/skater shoes, pumps or boots) see examples below.
- Separate PE shoes are required.
The College has the right to respond to current styles of fashion in order to maintain consistency and standards of uniform. Failure to comply with uniform regulations will result in isolation until the issue is resolved.
Other information regarding uniform and appearance:
- We suggest that all students have a bag suitable for carrying books, pencil case, planner and PE kit.
- Caps are not allowed at all as part of the uniform (standard wool hats used to keep warm to be worn outside only).
- Outdoor coats must be of a standard type – no hoodies or cardigans.
- Outdoor jackets must be stored in locker during the College day.
- Hair must be of one natural colour and extreme hairstyles are not allowed.
- Discreet make-up only.
- No jewellery except a watch. One small pair of sleepers/studs may be worn in ears but no other piercings of any kind are permitted.
- All jewellery to be removed for PE and where required in other practical lessons. No plasters to be worn to cover piercings.
- No false nails or nail polish to be worn.
Please note that College uniform and PE kit is available to purchase from www.school-shop.co.uk
Examples of appropriate types of shoes: